Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Woes and Photoshop



Oh, was I naughty yesterday and didn't post- work was simply dreadful.  Being shorthanded and having to do everything yourself while trying to hire and train people is not a fantastic way to spend the day.  Luckily, the interviews today were great and give me hope that work will calm down and I don't have to spend every evening trying to relax and can get back into crafts.  Oh how I miss knitting!

I have discovered a new love this week despite the crazies: Photoshop Touch.  After nearly 3 years in the market the iPad finally has all my picture editing needs.  Yes, I know there are a lot of different photo apps out there, but there wasn't simple one touch editing until iPhoto came out in March and now, at last, Photoshop Touch has added layers, the magic select, the lasso select, and nearly every other trademarked tool they use is available in a fully integrated and simple touchscreen interface.  I heard the rumors, checked the website and finally downloaded it myself because I couldn't believe anything could be that simple if Adobe created it!  I wasn't disappointed.  As soon as the battery is charged I'll throw some pictures up- I keep running it down playing with the images!

If you haven't seen it go check it out; it's only $9.99 on the App Store, an amazing deal considering the full version of Photoshop is generally $699.99!

App Store Link
Adobe Link

Update:
The battery lives!  Here are the images.
The Original Image, a horse I knit for the Man for his birthday.  Cute, huh?
Playing with effects using edge lines.  I love the bag of apples in the background too!
Using layers and random colors in the background, I cut out the horse without a stylus!
I am definitely impressed with PS Touch and will probably be using it more often.  These I did quickly for the site (no people) from a pic I had on the iPad.  It easily does color swaps and simple photo edits in addition to the traditional manipulation we're used to, but I may stick to iPhoto for the simple things and use Photoshop for the complex layers it offers.  Can't wait to see what they'll change in the first update after all the feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment