Thursday, April 26, 2012

SxS Mini Project 2: Thread Drawing

I do not own an embroidery capable sewing machine.















But wow!  Now I don't need one.

This is a freehand drawing of birds (I like birds) on a blue background.  You can use anything, make up any design and use any stitch to "draw" it on the fabric.  Mine is very small (around 6" x 8" but it will be a pillow, eventually) but the technique can easily be modified to make something larger.  Ooo, imagine quilts with embroidered center blocks!

Practical application of the stitch sampler- I was able to decide which stitches to use for different parts based on what I knew they looked like, picking different widths and lengths to create texture.  Once I've washed it and sewed on the back it'll look neat on my couch.  Hooray, home decor in a snap!

1 comment:

  1. Step! I love it!! It turned out so cute! I can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete